Wednesday 13 October 2010

Honey Caramel Sticky Nut Buns: HBinFive

Oh my! These sticky buns are good!  I knew they would be so I waited until my son came home from college for the weekend before making them. Otherwise, I would have been tempted to eat too many like I did with the Pear Tarte Tatin. Yikes!

These Honey & Caramel Sticky Nut Buns are made with the Healthy Bread in Five Minutes Pumpkin Pie Brioche Dough, but you could also use the Whole Wheat Brioche dough or the Braided Challah with Whole What and Wheat Germ dough to make them. I prefer the Pumpkin Pie Brioche. It’s made with white whole wheat flour and flavored with pureed pumpkin, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and other delicious spices.

honey-caramel-sticky-buns 024


I baked these sticky buns from the pumpkin pie brioche dough I made over a week ago. It will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days, but can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks, so I froze it.


The Pumpkin Pie Brioche recipe can be found here.

The night before I wanted to bake these sticky buns, I took the dough out of the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator.  It was ready to use the next day.

It was sticky so I had to use extra flour to roll out the dough, but it didn’t affect the flavor or texture of the bread at all. The topping and filling is a mixture of honey, brown sugar, orange zest, butter, and delicious spices. Doesn’t the caramel look delicious bubbling in the pan?

honey-caramel-sticky-buns 010


I omitted the raisins and forgot to add the nuts to the filling so I just sprinkled them on top of the rolls after they had been baked. I liked it that way.

honey-caramel-sticky-buns 022


The sticky buns were delicious!  In fact, this is all that’s left.

honey-caramel-sticky-buns 033


Be sure to check out BigBlackDog to see all of the breads in the October 15th Bread Braid roundup.


About the HBinFive Baking Group
The HBinFive Baking Group, started by Michelle of Big Black Dogs, is baking through all of the breads in the Healthy Bread in Five Minutes book. For more information on the HBinFive baking group, check out BigBlackDog.

No comments:

Post a Comment