Wednesday 30 December 2009

BBA Challenge Breads -- Slideshow by The Bread Experience

In May 2009, the Bread Baker's Apprentice Challenge began. I've had lot's of fun participating in the challenge. From May through December, I made 29 of the BBA breads. There are 43 breads in the book and I'm ready to take on the rest of them.  I've been taking a break from the challenge during the Holidays, but I'll be back in full-force in January in time to start the Sourdough series.  

Right now, I'm cultivating a seed culture to make the barm (Mother Starter) for the sourdough breads.  I have a starter that I've been nurturing for the past two years but I decided to make the one from the Bread Baker's Apprentice book as well to see the difference.  Actually, I had three starters that I had been nurturing for the past two years, but decided to throw two of them out the other day to streamline things a bit.  It's time to start things anew don't you think? A new year, a new start. I don't usually name my starters, but I think maybe I'll give this one a name.  I wonder what name I should give it. Hmmm...we'll just have to see.

Since we're heading into a new year, I thought it would be fun to take a look back and see how far we've come in the BBA challenge.  I created a slideshow of all the BBA breads I've made this year.  I hope you enjoy it!



If you're not familiar with the BBA Challenge, check out Pinch My Salt's blog for the details.

You might also want to check out the BBA Challenge Facebook Group.

Feel free to leave a comment on this blog. We'd love to hear from you.


Happy Baking from The Bread Experience!


Have a Blessed New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment