Tuesday 29 December 2009

2009 Canning Adventures -- The Bread Experience

It's almost time to say goodbye to 2009 and begin a new year.  I'm so excited.  I began my canning adventures this year and I've had so much fun. During my 2009 canning adventures, I canned several different kinds of jams, marmalades, pickles, and salsa throughout the Summer and Fall. I thought you might enjoy seeing the fruits of my labor.

Here is what my jam supply looked like before Christmas. (The photo doesn't include any of the pickles or salsa I made or the refrigerator jam).


I could almost open a store with all of these jars.  Now there's an idea!  Actually, I gave most of these away as Christmas presents along with some delicious breads. However, I did keep some of each kind of jam for my canning supply.

This is what my supply of jams looks like now.  Not to worry!  I'll be replenishing my supply soon enough.


Here is a list of the jams I made from August - December 2009. I've included a link to the ones I posted on the blog in case you would like to try some of them for yourself.  I'll be posting more soon. Stay tuned...

Click for tigress can jam food blog challengeI had so much fun canning in 2009.  I'm looking forward to 2010.  Beginning in January, I'll be participating in the tigress' Can Jam.  We'll be making jams every month for a whole year.  As you can imagine, my jam supply will grow very quickly.

The tigress' Can Jam begins Jan 1st.  I can't wait! You can follow my progress on this blog. You might even want to make some of the jams yourself.

Happy Canning and Baking from The Bread Experience!

Have a Happy and Blessed New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment