Friday 28 June 2013

Try these Whole Wheat Buns for a Cookout

A visitor to my site recently asked me if I had a good recipe for hamburger buns. Well, now that you mention it, I do. And, since the 4th of July Holiday is right around the corner, I decided now was the time to share it.

If you’re looking for an easy way to make hamburger or hotdog buns for your next cookout, you might enjoy this one.

light-wheat-burger-buns_28

These Fuss-Free Whole Wheat Buns are made using the Healthy Bread in Five Minutes method. The HBin5 method takes a lot of the guess work out of the bread baking process. With this method, it’s really easy to scale the dough and plan ahead. And, did I mention, there is no kneading involved.

These sandwich buns are healthier for you than store-bought ones because for one thing, you know what’s in them. My version includes home-milled whole wheat flour, but you can use your favorite brand of whole wheat flour if you don’t mill your own flour. To keep the buns from being too heavy, the dough also includes some all-purpose flour.

Another neat thing about making homemade hamburger buns is that you can make them any size you want. If you like to make big burgers like my son does when he grills out, then you can shape them bigger, but if you’re trying to utilize portion control, then you can make the buns smaller.

Please join me on the Grain Mill Wagon to learn how to make these Fuss Free Whole Wheat Burger Buns.

 

Happy Baking!

Cathy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment