The year is 2011…
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to bake your own bread and other baked goods throughout the whole year.
BYOB has moved and is now hosted by
Carola of Sweet and That's it.
What is BYOB?
BYOB began with Sandy of At the Bakers Bench in 2009. The tradition has moved to it’s new home on this blog, but the commitment is the same.
The idea behind BYOB is that instead of running to the store to buy a loaf of bread, pastry or sandwich buns, you make them yourself. You won’t be penalized if you do need to buy a loaf of bread from the store every once in awhile, but you might miss out on some of the rewards. We’ll understand of course. Life happens. There aren't any deadlines, either. You bake what you need, when you need it.
The BYOB bakers decided to commit to another year of baking our own bread and other baked goods.
And so the tradition continues…
Why should you BYOB?
Baking bread helps reduce food costs and relieve stress at the same time. Plus, homemade baked goods taste so much better than store bought. Not to mention, it’s fun and so satisfying to be able to claim that it’s homemade.
These days you never know when an emergency condition (weather or other) could prevent you from going to the store so this will be good practice.
How to participate in BYOB
There are no formal signups, just a personal commitment to bake as much of your baked goods as you can.
- Just send an email with the url to your blog and I’ll add you to blog roll. Feel free to include your twitter account if you have one.
- Then bake your own bread and other baked goods each month as needed and post about them.
- Place the BYOB badge on your post with a link back to this page. You may also want to place the badge on your blog to showcase your participation in this fun adventure.
- By the 1st of each month, send an email with links to your bread and other baked goods’ posts. Please include a photo 250 pixels wide. The file size should be no more than 200KB.
- If you are not a blogger, you can still participate, just let me know what baked goods you’ve made and submit a photo if possible. We like to view all of the lovely breads.
Don’t worry, I’ll send a reminder each month if you forget to send me the links.
Here is the badge. This is such a nice badge, I decided to continue using it rather than creating a new one. Just cut and paste the code below and insert it in the source (html) code in your blog post.
And now, a giveaway just for fun
As an added incentive, but mainly just for fun, I’m giving away this cute bread warmer. I liked it and thought someone might enjoy using it to keep their dinner rolls warm in the bread basket.
This is the back of the package. It shows some neat bread lore from different countries.
Everyone that signs up to participate in BYOB by January 15th will be entered in the drawing. If your name is already on the blog roll, you are already entered. If your name is not on the blog roll and you want it to be, just let me know and I’ll add it to the list and you’ll be entered in the drawing as well.
That’s all there is to it!