Friday 6 August 2010

Peach Cobbler with Bread Cubes

This past weekend, we went tubing down the river in Helen, GA.  We stopped by Jaemor Farms on the way back and got some delicious Loring Peaches.  These peaches are good for canning, eating, pie, you name it.

My boyfriend and youngest son requested Peach Cobbler so that's the first treat I made. I still have a bunch of peaches to enjoy and use to make other delicious treats.



"Too Easy" Peach Cobbler
Recipe found here http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/just-too-easy-peach-cobbler-recipe

This recipe for peach cobbler is made with bread cubes. It just so happened (actually I planned it that way) that I had some Noon Rogani bread left over that I thought would be fabulous in the peach cobbler. Turns out, I was right.



This peach cobbler is so easy and it tastes great especially with the Noon Rogani bread cubes.  I'm sure it would also taste good with the white bread cubes called for in the recipe, but the Noon Rogani bread has cinnamon sugar rolled up in it and it provided a delicious and crunchy flavor boost.  I loved the crunchy cinnamon bread topping with this peach cobbler!



You can make this cobbler with 6 to 7 medium-sized peaches (2 pounds), peeled and sliced, or 2 large (1 pound, 15 ounce) cans sliced peaches, drained, or two 1-pound bags of frozen peaches, thawed.  I used fresh peaches.



Directions:

Grease an 8" square or 9" round pan. Combine the peaches with the Pie Filling Enhancer, if you're using it.  I didn't use the pie filling enhancer.  I added a little bit of corn starch to the topping mixture. 

Layer the sliced peaches into the pan,


and top the peaches with the bread cubes.



In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, flour, corn starch, egg, and melted butter.



Pour this batter over the bread cubes. Sprinkle with the nutmeg or cinnamon, if you're using it.  I sprinkled a little more cinnamon.



Bake the cobbler in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes, until it's golden brown.



Serve it hot or warm, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired. Yield: 8 servings if you're lucky.


I served it warm with whipped cream since I didn't have any ice cream.  I didn't get a photo of this part because we were too busy enjoying it.




Thanks for visiting The Bread Experience Bread-Baking Blog. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will join me again next time. 

Happy Baking!
Cathy

When you're in the mood to bake (and eat) some bread, here are some bread-making resources:
You might enjoy some of the other breads that have been featured in the bread making blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment