Read my review of the book here.
This contest is closed. Congratulations to Rachel of Spice of Life who won the Ancient Grains for Modern Meals cookbook. Refer to this post for more details.
The first recipe I tried from the book was the Floating Sesame Loaf. It was a really fun bread. There are several other bread recipes and a pizza recipe I plan to try, but this time, I decided to step out of the bread box and try something different.
The next recipe I tested was the Creamy Farro with Honey-Roasted Grapes. It’s really a breakfast or brunch dish, but it sounded so comforting that I served it for dinner the other night. I had some farro grains in my freezer just waiting for me to do something special with them so this was their debut. And debut, they did!
The recipe was really easy to make and the flavors were so unique. My boyfriend and I really enjoyed the dish. He said it made him feel really healthy. The cooked farro grains were delicious and just a little bit chewy. I loved how the flavors of the farro grains and the roasted grapes blended together. The dish tasted wonderful and satisfying even on a hot Spring night in Georgia.
I didn’t get a photo of the dish because it begged to be eaten right away, but here’s a photo of the roasted grapes.
I had never roasted grapes before…it was so cool! I’ll definitely be making this dish again and again.
If you haven’t noticed, I’ve fallen in love with ancient grains myself. That’s why I’m delighted to be able to give away a copy of Maria Speck’s new book.
To enter the giveaway:
- Please follow @MariaSpeck on twitter
- Please follow @breadexperience on twitter
- Tweet the following: Enter the GIVEAWAY to WIN Ancient Grains for Modern Meals by @MariaSpeck from @breadexperience. Enter here: http://goo.gl/fb/2ZdLf
- Please leave a comment about the types of grains you like to cook or bake with (if any), or the types of grains you would like to see featured on the Bread Experience.
Extra chances to win:
- Like Ancient Grains for Modern Meals Facebook page here.
- Like Bread Experience Facebook page here.
- With each action leave a comment (at the end of this blog post) saying you did so for up to a maximum of five comments per person.
- Drawing will be done randomly from all comments recorded. Deadline to enter: Friday, June 3rd at midnight. Lucky winner to be announced by June 5th.
Thank you Maria and Ten Speed for providing me with a review copy and a giveaway copy for my readers.
I also want to thank Shulie of FoodWanderings for letting me borrow her creative giveaway ideas.