Wednesday 5 June 2013

Easy Whole Wheat Banana Bread

Today, you’ll find me on the Grain Mill Wagon talking about Whole Wheat Banana BreadI love making Banana Bread because it’s quick and easy to prepare and it’s a great way to use up overripe bananas.  Quick breads make a great snack and this loaf is no exception.

healthy-banana-bread36

I’ve always enjoyed the banana bread I grew up eating, white flour and all, and I still enjoy that version from time-to-time.  However, these days, I look for ways to make a healthier loaf.

This quick bread incorporates freshly-milled whole wheat flour, olive oil and less sugar.  I sifted out some of the bran and germ to lighten the texture of the loaf, but still keep most of the nutrients from the grains. The result is a delicious and moist whole wheat banana bread with lot’s of flavor.

Please join me on the Grain Mill Wagon to learn how to make Easy Whole Wheat Banana Bread.

 

Happy Baking!

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment